By Kimmy P.
Knock knock knock! Excuse me Wicked Pissahh fans! Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, the goat, Mr. Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.?! In honor of Mr. Brady’s 42nd birthday and new contract extension I thought we could look back at some of the greatness that this man has brought to the New England Patriots to get you all pumped for the upcoming season!
Tom Brady was drafted out of the University of Michigan by the New England Patriots in the 6th round of the 2000 NFL draft as a backup for Drew Bledsoe in what many would consider one of the biggest steals in NFL history. I don’t think anyone ever imagined, in their wildest dreams, that he would become the absolute phenom he is today! He has nine Superbowl appearances, six Superbowl wins, four Superbowl MVPs, three league MVPs and fourteen Pro-Bowl selections! Who does that?! And that’s only the major accomplishments! Check out the list of records he currently holds at the end of blog!
In his first season with the Patriots Tom Brady only played in one game but that would all change when Drew Bledsoe was injured in the second game of the 2001 season. He got his chance to show America what he was made of and we all know how that season ended... Brady started the beginning of a dynasty! The man led the Patriots to three Superbowl victories in his first four years as a starting quarterback. Add thirteen more years, three more Superbowl victories (we don’t talk about those other 3 games in my house!), and all sorts of broken records and you have arguably the greatest quarterback of all time! In his 17 years as a starting quarterback he has more Superbowl appearances and wins than any other NFL player in history. And he's still going! Yes he has always had amazing players around him and a great coaching staff to help him but you still have to be something pretty damn special to do what he has done! I could go on for days but you all know the stats.
Tom Brady turned 42 years old on August 3rd and signed a 2 year contract extension shortly after, which means he plans on his body holding up for another 2 seasons! How is this even possible?! The guy has a gorgeous wife, and three adorable young kids that he always seems to be going on fabulous vacations with, charities and other causes that he supports, and still manages to keep himself in super human shape that just keeps getting better and better the older he gets! I’m only 35 and I throw my back out with one good sneeze! Can someone please tell me what this man’s secret is?!?! I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself when the day finally comes that Tom announces his retirement so can someone please figure out a way to keep him healthy forever?!
And here are the records through the 2018 season!
- Most career wins by a starting quarterback (including playoffs): 237 wins
- Most games over .500 (including playoffs): Brady’s all-time 237-70-0 record puts him at 192 wins over .500.
- Most wins by an NFL player (including playoffs): Brady’s all-time 237 wins put him one win ahead of Colts kicker (and former Patriot) Adam Vinatieri.
- Most regular-season wins by a starting quarterback: 207 wins
- Most wins as a starting quarterback for one team: 207 wins
- Most division titles by a starting quarterback: 16 titles
- Most consecutive division titles by a starting quarterback: 10 (2009-18)
- Most wins by a quarterback after trailing by 10+ points since 2000 (including playoffs): 32 wins
- Winningest coach/quarterback tandem: Brady/Belichick, 207 wins and .775 winning percentage
- Most wins by a starting quarterback through first 200 starts: 155 wins
- Best record in first 100 starts in home games: 87-13, achieved on Oct. 26, 2014
- Best record in home games, regular-season (minimum 40 starts): 115-18-0
- Best record in home games (including playoffs): 135-21-0
- Only NFL quarterback with 100 wins in one stadium: 109 wins at Gillette Stadium
- Most career wins in road games: 92 wins on the road
- Most December wins in NFL history: 60 wins in December
- Most wins by a starting quarterback against a single opponent: 30 wins against the Bills, 27 against the Jets
- Most interconference wins (since 1970): 52 interconference wins
- All-time touchdown pass leader (including playoffs): 590 touchdowns, set on Dec. 9, 2018
- Most touchdown passes with one team (including playoffs): 590 touchdowns
- All-time total passing yards leader (including playoffs): 81,693 yards
- All-time leader, total yards (including playoffs): 82,897 yards
- Best touchdown-to-interception ratio among quarterbacks with 400 touchdowns: 3.02
- Best touchdown-to-interception ratio in a single season: 14.0, 2016 season (28 touchdowns, 2 interceptions)
- Most starts under one head coach: 267 career starts under Bill Belichick
- Brady and Brett Favre are the only quarterbacks in NFL history to appear in 300+ career games.
- Most career NFL Player of the Week awards: 30
- Most games with four or more touchdowns and no interceptions: 23 games
- Most games with three or more touchdowns and no interceptions: 57 games
- Best record in games with 50 or more pass attempts (including playoffs): 19-9-0
- Most touchdown targets by an NFL quarterback: 71 different players have caught touchdown passes from Brady. (Set on Oct. 4, 2018)
- Most wins by a 40-year-old quarterback in the Super Bowl era (2017 season)
- Most touchdowns by a 40-year-old quarterback in a season: 32 touchdowns, 2017 season
- Oldest quarterback to lead the NFL in passing: 4,577 yards, 2017 season
- Most passing yards in one season by a quarterback over 40: 4,577 yards, 2017 season
- Most games started in which the quarterback’s team scored at least 50 points: eight games
When Brady caught a six-yard pass from Julian Edelman against the Titans on Nov. 11, 2018, he joined Jerry Rice as the only 41-year-olds in NFL history with a reception.
- Most postseason touchdown passes: 73 touchdowns
- Most touchdown passes in a single postseason game: Six touchdowns (achieved on Jan. 14, 2012, against the Broncos)
- Most postseason passing yards, all-time: 11,179 yards
- Most postseason completions, all-time: 1,005 completions
- Most postseason 300-yard passing games, all-time: 16 games
- Most Super Bowl victories, all-time: 6 wins
- Most Super Bowl MVP awards: Four MVP awards (Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, XLIX, LI)
- Most playoff wins by a starting quarterback, all-time: 30 playoff wins
- Most playoff starts by a quarterback, all-time: 40 starts
- Brady is the all-time leader in Super Bowl passing yards (2,576), completions (256), pass attempts (392), and touchdowns (18).
- Most Super Bowl starts by all NFL players, all-time: Nine starts
- Most conference championships by a starting quarterback in Super Bowl era (since 1966): Nine AFC championships
- Most conference championships by a quarterback-coach tandem: Brady and Bill Belichick have won all nine of Brady’s AFC championships together.
- Most consecutive completions in Super Bowl history: 16 straight passes completed in Super Bowl XLVI against the Giants.
- Most conference championship appearances, all-time: 13 AFC championship appearances.
- Most postseason games played, all-time: 40 games
- Most three-touchdown pass postseason games: 11 games
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.